Route Move :

Hi,
1. How can I change and move an existing route?
2. How to use the "Route Move" button? I can't find any documentation about it...
Thanks
Amaztya
Thank you for your inquiry.

Please kindly find my answers to your questions below.

1. How can I change and move an existing route?

In regard to the above, there are several ways to edit routes after routing.
The following manual describes them in detail, so it would be grateful if you would refer to this.
[Editing Routes]

On top of the ways described in the above manual, it is possible to move routes by "Route Move".
For details about how to use the feature, I will explain it in the question 2).

2. How to use the "Route Move" button? I can't find any documentation about it...

I apologize for not offering the English documentation for the "Route Move" feature.
We have now prepared the English manual, so please confirm the following for details about how to use the feature.
[Route Move]

If you have anything unclear, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.
Thanks,
Actually, in Route Move mode  I even can't select a route.
The route became red when the mouse is hover on it but I can't select it.
Thank you for your reply.

In regard to the issue where routes cannot be selected while in the "Route Move" mode, we have confirmed the symptom. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

We are now investigating the detailed cause but it seems that routes with its "Cap Shape" being set as "Square" are not able to be selected and moved by the "Route Move" feature. 

Regarding this problem, I will report to our development team and we will fix it as soon as possible.
I am sorry for troubling you for now but I would appreciate it if you would understand that we will have some time for that. 

I am afraid this is a workaround but it would be grateful if you would edit the already existing routes with the ways described in the following manual or use routes with its "Cap Shape" being set as "Circle" for now if possible.

[Editing Routes]

I am sorry for bothering you but I appreciate your understanding.
If you have anything unclear, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your kind support.
PAGETOP